I provide individual counseling for adults.
- Life Stuff:
- Dealing with stress
- Managing anger and mood swings
- Examining priorities in life
- Setting goals and making action plans
- Sorting through emotions and expressing feelings
- Finding “root causes” of negative thinking and acting
- Mental Health and/or Addiction:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders
- Psychosis, Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Substance Use/Addiction
Treatment Modalities/Styles that I use:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Therapy)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) techniques
- Motivational Interviewing
- Person-Centered Counseling
- Solution-Focused Counseling
- I have training in faith-based counseling if you are interested in incorporating your spiritual beliefs in counseling.
- I can provide telehealth (distance/online counseling) services for those eligible
I am not authorized to prescribe medications, but I can provide you with referrals for a local medication prescriber and collaborate with that individual for your treatment.
Rates & Insurance
I am in-network with the following insurances:
- Husky / Medicaid / State Insurance
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Beacon Health Options
- If you have another private commercial insurance, check to see if behavioral health services may be billed out-of-network. You are responsible for checking your benefit coverage.
If you prefer to pay out-of-pocket, my rates are as follows:
- First visit: Evaluation (60-90 minutes): $120
- Standard counseling sessions (55-60 minutes): $100
Sliding Scale: As a participating member of Open Path Psychotherapy Collective, I have a limited number of reduced-rate slots available for those who may not be able to afford my full fee. To see if you qualify for this sliding scale program, visit Open Path to learn more and sign up.
**If you are not insured and have low income, you may be eligible for Medicaid and may apply at any time during the calendar year. To see if you qualify, visit Access Health CT or call (855) 805-4325.**
Making an Appointment
For a brief phone consultation to see if I am a good fit for your therapy needs*, please call me at (203) 697-8983 or use my online Client Portal to request a call.
*I share an office suite with other qualified licensed therapists to whom I refer with confidence should I not be the right fit for you!