I provide individual counseling for adults.
- Life Stuff:
- Dealing with stress
- Managing anger and mood swings
- Examining priorities in life
- Setting goals and making action plans
- Sorting through emotions and expressing feelings
- Finding “root causes” of negative thinking and acting
- Mental Health and/or Addiction:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Complex Trauma (c-PTSD) and Dissociative Disorders
- Psychosis, Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Substance Use/Addiction
Treatment Styles that I use:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Therapy)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills
- Person-Centered Counseling
- Parts Work (Ego State Therapy)
- Faith-based counseling if you are interested in incorporating your spiritual beliefs in counseling.
I am not authorized to prescribe medications, but I can provide you with referrals for a local medication prescriber and collaborate with that individual for your treatment.
Rates & Insurance
My standard fee is $100 per 55-60 minute counseling session.
I am in-network with the following insurance plans:
- Husky / Medicaid / State Insurance
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Beacon Health Options
- If you have another private commercial insurance, check to see if behavioral health services may be billed out-of-network. You are responsible for checking your benefit coverage.
- Note: As a professional counselor, I am unable to accept Medicare or Medicare supplement plans, due to federal laws which limit the eligibility of certain professions. If you have both Medicare and another insurance, such as Medicaid, your services may be covered by the secondary insurance (subject to authorization).
Sliding Scale: I have a limited number of reduced-rate slots available for those who may not be able to afford my full fee. To see if you qualify for the sliding scale program, visit Open Path to learn more and sign up.
**If you are not insured and have low income, you may be eligible for Medicaid and may apply at any time during the calendar year. To see if you qualify, visit Access Health CT or call (855) 805-4325.**
Making an Appointment
For a brief phone consultation to see if I am a good fit for your therapy needs*, please call me at (203) 697-8983 or use my online Client Portal to request a call.
*I share an office suite with other qualified licensed therapists to whom I refer with confidence should I not be the right fit for you!