I provide individual counseling for adults.
Some areas I help with include…
- Dealing with stress
- Managing anger and mood swings
- Examining priorities in life
- Setting goals and making action plans
- Sorting through emotions and expressing feelings
- Finding “root causes” of negative thinking and acting
- Psychosis, Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Substance Use/Addiction
- Pre-Marital/Pre-Engagement Assessment (SYMBIS)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Therapy)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) techniques
- Motivational Interviewing
- Person-Centered Counseling
- Solution-Focused Counseling
- I have training in faith-based counseling if you are interested in incorporating your spiritual beliefs in counseling.
- I am a certified Facilitator for SYMBIS pre-marital assessment sessions.
I do not prescribe medications, but I can provide you with referrals for a local medication prescriber and collaborate with that individual for your treatment.
Rates & Insurance
- Husky / Medicaid / State Insurance
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Beacon Health Options
If you have another private commercial insurance, check to see if behavioral health services may be billed out-of-network. You are responsible for checking your benefit coverage.
If you prefer to pay out-of-pocket, my rates are as follows:
- First visit: Evaluation (60-90 minutes): $120
- Standard counseling sessions (55-60 minutes): $100
Sliding Scale: As a participating member of Open Path Psychotherapy Collective, I have a limited number of reduced-rate slots available for those who may not be able to afford my full fee. To see if you qualify for this sliding scale program, visit Open Path to learn more and sign up.
If you are not insured and have low income, you may be eligible for Medicaid and may apply at any time during the calendar year (not just open enrollment). To see if you qualify, visit Access Health CT or call (855) 805-4325.
Making an Appointment
For a free phone consultation to see if I am a good fit for your therapy needs*, please call me at (203) 697-8983.
*I share an office suite with other qualified licensed therapists to whom I refer with confidence should I not be the right fit for you!